Friday, February 04, 2005

Eww! Stop!! I Take It Back!!!

Yesterday my post about the near tussle got more hits than the front page of this blog. I had 71 first time visitors (up from the previous day's 24) and most of them stayed less than 5 sec.

Yeah, I do have a good free StatCounter.

I found that my entry was posted to a Yahoo! group that does nothing but surf the web for such content. The group has over 5,000 members.

So all of this creeps me out a bit and I am deleting the entry. I have flashes of the FERPA police and lots of mulleted folk perusing my blog. Don't ask me why I can handle the people who arrive here looking for vomit girls or hairy beavers but don't like the other folks. I just don't.

and it's my blog

2 comments:

EdWonk said...

About once per week, I look over that part of my sitemeter that records search words that people have used to get to my site. Like you said, it can creep you out.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you. I deleted an entry that received an unhealthy amount of terribly obscene searches. I am a teacher, gosh darn it, not a purveyor of kiddie p*rn.

-hipteacher