Thursday, February 26, 2004

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime and Back Again

The day begins with me almost late to school and then, oh yeah, you're being evaluated.

Stop reading, Rod Paige, you won't like this.

I was a bad comic playing a room of three at the Catskills. Did I attempt to ask questions and inspire? Did they stare at me slack jawed? Did I conduct the most sucessful Quiet Game session around?

Yes yes and yes.

When my prinicpal left, one kid said, "Boy, we sure were quiet! We wanted to make you look good!"

Don't do me any favors, Sparky.

But was it a great day in Humanities or WHAT?? Kids taught various sections of the Hebrew chapter and in the process of discussion, we got to the idea together that the concept of church/state seperation might be a Christian construct. The teaching of Jesus went so far beyond the conciousness of law that the two began to grow apart---this came from a Sophomore! Wow. How is it to be so together so young?

Albertson's, dead to me. No Diet Coke with Lime.

No comments: