Thursday, November 17, 2005

I Wonder...

  • If the child who told me I "Look hot" with contacts was just sucking up...
  • If the child who pointed to his genitals as he asked to use a hall pass was harassing, intentionally obscene, or just, well, stupid...
  • How cheap I can get my hands on an autoharp so I can approach the coolness of Sheryl Crow last night singing Ring of Fire on the Johnny Cash tribute show last night...
  • How the child who never writes for me in class can manage a three page rebuttal to the referral he got while I was out the other day...
  • How a class who cannot exist for more than five minutes without someone shouting, burping or farting will write for two hours straight on the End of Instruction exam...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Educat,
Ask your feeder elementary music teachers for the autoharp they bought for their class and never use. Promise at least one of them has a dusty old one in their instrument closet!!
--Kristen Courter

educat said...

Genius, Kristen C! I had never thought of that. I have a new project now...

educat said...

It's worth noting a postscript to this story (not worth a whole post, but worth a comment).

I contacted the Orchestra teacher at my school who is also the Director of Strings for the District. A mere two days later, I got an email from my new best friend, an elementary teacher who has one waiting for me. I need only to pick it up.

And tomorrow I shall.

Praise be!