Thursday, November 03, 2005

Always Teaching...

As I walk about the front of my classroom, rifling through stacks of paper, looking for the handout I made yesterday, I speak to my class...
 
"Guys, the best and most important thing you can learn about writing for school is to have an organizational pattern. (I flip through a stack of papers)  I learned a pattern when I was in High School that I was able to use through college and now I teach it,  (I lift up a stack of books) I can't emphasize enough the importance of organization in your writing."
 
I find what I needed and look to see that most of my class is trying to hide their laughter...at me.
 
"And so what literary element would this be?"
 
"Irony"-- from the whole class.

2 comments:

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

It took me five minutes today to remember that I put my AP midterms in a drawer so they'd be safe -- from my leaky brain, apparently.

Kristen Courter said...

I can be ironical too...

I just got a Palm pilot to compliment my ultra-super organizational skills. It helps me manage things like work and up-coming Death Cab for Cutie concerts. But more than once I have combed the house trying to remember where I put it. I just make a calendar appointment for "searching for Palm pilot."