I came home to my Birmingham reading list on email.
- A Fire You Can't Put Out - Manis
- Black In Selma
- But for Birmingham - Eskew
- My Soul is Rested, Raines
- Reaping the Whirlwind
- Montgomery, A White Preachers Memoir, Graetz
- The Making of Dr. Martin Luther King and the Modern Civil Rights Movement
- The Politics of Rage, Dan Carter
They are shipping these books to me soon and any other reading plans I had will fall aside but the suggestion was that if I could find even one of these and start reading, I would be better off.
No problem, I have a wonderful school library right across the hall.
Thanks, Nancy, for taking me from scholar to cow in thirty seconds.
We don't have any of these radical books--what do you think we are--progressive
or something? We do have The Watsons go to Birmingham--1963, but
it is checked out possibly never to return. If you can get it back from
Mr. Nipsy Russell of the 9th grade, more power to you. It was due in
October. Welcome back to the real world!