Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Ok, Edge Play the Blues!

Happy St Patrick's Day! I usually basically ignore this day except for eating a potato, but this morning's Yahoo! Entertainment news features an article on Bono. He is scheduled to give the commencement address at The University of Pennsylvania. Wow, I just had the President of New Orleans Seminary.

This goes a step further to prove my point that no one under 30 (maybe I could push this back a bit but I would say 25 for sure) gets Bono and that they should. Do you hear that, kids? Is your Brittany Spears giving a commencement address? How about Marilyn Manson? Nope, it's Bono and he doesn't mean to...bug ya.

Which brings me to another blog I have been reading. Check out U2 sermons. I wish I could email this to the youth minister who ragged me on mission trip when I was a kid by calling U2 lukewarm. Lukewarm? I think not and furthermore, anyone hear of Stryper lately?

My other plans for today include a haircut, finding The Commitments for rent on DVD (don't get me started quoting there...Oh my!), Survivor on a special night and coffee with Keaton tonight. Yep, the sick cat has left my apartment!

No comments: