I've been tagged by Streak. Read on, something here might entertain you.
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, lettingthem know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Ten years ago, I was . . .
Finishing the worst teaching year of my life. I'd been transferred because of low numbers in the Theatre program to another school three weeks into the new year (It was the week after Princess Diana died, don't know why I remember that...). My new school gave me drama classes made up of the kids that the gym teacher couldn't handle along with an hour of lunch duty. My depression first surfaced and I was the worst teacher I'd ever been. My principal lied to get rid of me, which depressed me more, which made me worse at my job...I think ten years ago this very week, I started hunting for a new job to leave my old district.
About five years after that, the Asst Principal who worked hard to help me get the transfer was all over the news. He was arrested for lewd conduct with a student and had done this with several young ladies over the years. One of them, I discovered, was a student I had in class. That particular encounter was swept under the rug by the Head Principal (the one who lied to get rid of me). He was demoted for his part in the cover up.
5 Things on Today’s “To Do” List
1. Email parents of children who are still working to finish credit recovery English. Remain civil and when they ask ME when little Jimmy will finish the class and can he bring a paper to me at graduation, refrain from recommending a more potent form of birth control to these parents.
2. Grade Grammar
3. Attend Baby Shower
4. Post this to blog, along with another funny thing that happened today.
5. Pack at least one box so I can move! I'm moving!!!
3 Bad Habits:
1. Procrastination--avoid all that packing. Because I'm moving!! Did I mention that?!?
2. Sending emails without counting to ten first. Some of mine have been pretty snarky lately
3. Unfinished Knitting Projects
5 Places I’ve Lived (this will really make me sound like a loser):
Del City, OK
even if it was only for a month, I'm mentioning
because my others are kind of lame.
5 Jobs I’ve Held:
1. Country Club Waitress (where I waited on OK Governor Brad Henry when he was just some local attorney)
2. Bath and Body Line Jester (I did many jobs there, but this was my favorite)
3. Museum Educator
4. Shoe/Boot salesperson (yes, I can fit you in a cowboy boot and have an intelligent conversation on heel slippage)
5. HS Teacher
I hate tagging. I've said it before. Was I supposed to pass world peace by keeping this going?