Hipteacher tagged me with this and since beginnings are a good time to reflect, I shall take the bait.
1. I am a good teacher because... I enjoy kids and love the stuff I teach. I try to remember that I have the chance to create memories for kids as important as those that I have
2. If I weren't a teacher, I would be... an actor, a director, a stand up comic, a bon vivant gad about, knitting tea--wait, that would be teaching. I guess I'd just be unemployed.
3. My teaching style is... self deprecating (I always make myself the stupid example), interactive, passionate.
4. My classroom is... proof that one can never own enough bookshelves, a no sleeping zone, personalized.
5. My lesson plans... all in my head, kiddos, all in my head...
6. One of my teaching goals is…to lead kids to the process of learning. It's nothing anyone does in one class period and once you find it, you're hooked.
7. The toughest part of teaching is...finding that line between doing this job personally and passionately while still being selfless.
8. The thing I love most about teaching is... the constant change and new beginnings! I get "overs" every year and every year some fascinating people become my students.
9. A common misconception about teaching is...that I am one of the "good ones" and represent the minority. Most of the stories you hear about the "bad ones" are true, but there's ten of me for every one of them.
10. The most important thing I've learned since I started teaching...to listen to kids and be authentic. I started this career teaching my subject. Now, I teach kids.
Ms Cornelius? Mister Teacher? Jen? Tag!