Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Farewell, Your Majesty!

The third quarter ended today. It meant the last day altogether with two of my classes and a significant personnel shift in Humanities.

It was my last day with Princess Grace and the Songbird.

Enjoy one last conversation...


Educat: "Songbird, I need you to sit down until the bell rings, please."

Songbird continues her slow trip to the door whilst emitting an R&B style
yodel

Educat: "Songbird..."

Songbird grimaces and mutters something unintelligible

Educat: "Songbird, do you have any general ideas about propriety?'

Songbird: "Uhhhh....what that?"

Educat: "It's the noun form of proper. So if you are being proper or acting
properly, you are showing propriety."

Songbird: "Oooh, I mo use that. I mo tell people that be rude that they ain't
acting propriety."

Educat: "Do you mean using propriety?"

Songbird: "Shoot, thass what I hate bout this class, all those long ass
words!"

Princess Grace: "Girl, you ain't got no propriety!"

I will admit that I have come to appreciate Princess Grace. I don't know that
I'd say miss, but I will say appreciate.

Tomorrow morning I get a new Communications class. Due to some administrative mixup with testing (I will save my anger until I know who to blame), we have lost our English as a Second Language teacher and all those students must be placed. So what's the logical place to put kids of many
nationalities who can't speak English?

Speech.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: