Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

What did she get?
  • Big fancy chocolate caramel pecan turtles
  • Promise to learn to tat together--the class is on me (my great grandmother used to tat, it's a family thing...nevermind what I would do with all that lace, suggestions?)
  • Silent kind smiles from me when she told me that she bought me this book.
  • Another kind silent smile when she told me that Kristin Chenoweth will be at Women of Faith this year and she was sure I would want to go.

I love you, mom. I love that you love me and worry. I love that you ask about my students and remember the stories I tell about them. I love that you taught me most of what I know about generosity. I look forward to tatting with you and want you to enjoy your huge turtle candies even though I would gnaw my arm off for chocolate right now.

Please don't ask me about Women of Faith again.


No comments: