Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Kind Of Post You'd Only Write When You're Giddy WIth Testing Being 1/3 Over

Over at A Shrewdness of Apes, her weekly Movie Madness Monday post involves a favorite of mine. I love this movie so much that just a couple of weeks ago I reworked its opening credits song to reflect my feelings about colleagues who fail to follow faculty dress code.

And yes, I know that's petty, but I want to wear jeans to school too and this woman's shorts were really really short!!!

Please bear in mind that I make no claim to singing ability.

And now, in homage to all those teachers who don't follow dress code or discipline their students and make it hard for the rest of us, I offer...

this is an audio post - click to play



They’re writing email notes
But not for me
Regarding our dress code…
Must not be me

When every Friday means
A day to wear my jeans,
I show it’s not for me

I’ll not enforce a rule
I will not keep
And my fe-male students
Look quite cheap

All my boys pants, they sag
To write them up’s a drag,
No, that rule’s not for me.

1 comment:

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh. Holy. God.

I love the song.

I bow to you, theater goddess.