Saturday, October 15, 2005

I Am A Chicken

Remember when I waxed indignant at the petition to reinstate prayer in public schools?

I guess I am not nearly so brave in "real life".

I just got an email from a friend (A Youth and Govt friend, yet! Someone who should know how our Government works!!!) with the same petition. So what should I do? Should I really send him the whole rant, full of the assumption that this man doesn't know the government or a wise way to practice faith?

I can't. I have to work with this guy, and I love him like a wise second father who would find me too strident if I unloaded all my brain. So instead, I sent a response...

Wouldn't this go through the courts like the Pledge of Allegiance case? When
state lead or mandated prayer has been removed from an area, it's usually gone
through the courts.


Yeah, talking big is fun on a blog.

3 comments:

P M Prescott said...

That's what blogs are for. In real life you have to be lie Falstaff in Henry the IV part 1.
"Discretion the better part of valour be."

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote about this topic. How do you tell coworkers that they are complete idiot lemmings without offending them? The e-mail that I received was about how the U.S. is, of course, a Christian country because all of the founding fathers were Christians... I used the tactic of "delete it and save your sanity."

educat said...

English Teacher, I will say that writing that entire open letter gave me the strength to write what I did.

By the way, every time you comment, I see "Another English Tea..." on my notify (it doesn't get your whole title) and I think "English Tea...how nice. How civil".

Keep the comments coming, I need the civility.