It's spirit week at school, and what does that mean? I have spent the whole week looking like a fool in the name of community.
Monday (appropriately enough for the fourth block fights)--I was dressed in Camoflauge
Tuesday brought Twin Day when much of the faculty dressed alike--we all dressed like the one Math teacher who wears khakis and a short sleeved blue oxford every day of the year. He rolls his eyes and is silently charmed, especially when we all show up at the door of his classroom for a photo shoot.
Wednesday--I don't like Hawaiian shirts, but I did it.
Today was Sports day and tomorrow school colors.
Bless my friend the Student Council Advisor for seeing the foolishness of it all and proposing a list. I give you---
Bad Ideas for Spirit Week
1. (and this was really suggested) Dress like your favorite Bible character day! Could this bleed, I wonder, into a day wherein we dressed like our favorite character from the Koran? I'll bring this up soon.
2.Dress as fruit!
3. Book Character Day! My friend brought this up, and I don't think it's that bad. Instead, I offer an extension: Dress like your favorite book! Like with pages! and endpapers!! Look, no one can fit in the desks!!!
4. Martyr Monday!! Carry your biggest cross around so we can crucify the Pirates!!! If you have a wheel, you don't have spirit!
5. Deadly Disease Dress Up!!!
***These Spirit Days Just In!!!***
First, a couple from an email conversation with an old friend from my Christian School days...
6. Fallen Televangelist Tuesday!--Rat up your hair and dress as your favorite televangelist!
7. Slain in the Spirit Day--No dress requirement, but at a preappointed time, show your school spirit by just falling over!!
8. Dress Like The STD You Are Most Likely To Catch!! (everyone should have at least one teacher who has worked Juvie. They cut right to the heart of things.)
...and my favorite after a week of fights, worrying, and general mayhem...
9. Fetal Position Friday--Curl up under your desk and rest for everyone's benefit.
Alas, our real jobs didn't allow us to brainstorm more than five ideas. Help me out and share your ideas for Spirit Week Gone Wrong.