Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Great Moments In Teacher Institute

Our 18 teachers from all over the State toured the OKC Bombing Memorial today. This brilliantly engineered museum begins with a trip up the elevator--you work your way down as you tour.

So here we are, a large group of teachers in matching t-shirts with "Oklahoma Bar Association" emblazoned theron. As we prepare to board the elevator, a park ranger approaches. He is wearing sunglasses inside, sporting a big, plush, mustache, and chewing gum in such a manner that he greatly resembles Mr Burt Reynolds. The elevator attendant looks to "Burt" and says, "Be careful, these people are all lawyers.".

We're not lawyers, but we play along.

"Harumph" says Burt, "I hate lawyers."

"Heh", I say without thinking, "I hate Cannonball Run.".

1 comment:

Scott Jones said...

See, this is what I like about you. I miss my little doses of you when you're not around me.