Friday, November 12, 2004

Do People With Real Jobs Do This??

I am not the person who tries to catch kids being wrong. I don't watch for those meddling kids to mess up, I find no joy in this.

That said, we had a kick ass hall sweep today!

Hundreds of kids were caught after the bell and herded into the cafeteria. It did my sense of justice good to say stuff like "Tell it to your principal", "Sweetie, if I don't see a hall pass, I just cannot let you through" or (my favorite) "There ain't a guilty man in Shawshank, is there?".

I played human shield for the better part of an hour with several other teachers, demanding hall passes from all who passed. I was the troll under the bridge and after the first 20 min I grew bored.

So I started to sing.

Did you ever stop to think about how appropriate the Chico and The Man theme is for situations in everyday life? It really is, and so many names have two syllables so it is all to easy to go into
Leroy,
Don't be discouraged
the man, he ain't so hard to understand.
This leads Beth and I to plan for karaoke hall sweeps next time. It shall happen.

Any requests?

1 comment:

Tack City said...

I fought the law and the law won.
School's Out For Summer.
Also, the theme from Rawhide.