- Heard from 4 former students
- Looked for a possible home for a foster kid being put out of her present situation
- Heard one of my girls speak in front of the whole school about how she opposed the war but loves and supports her father who serves there
- Stopped one of my girls from reading Locke in said assembly with a look of "Gawd, I love you and you are so cool, but you have to put the book away."
- Wished a girl well as she left school to have labor induced
- Wished I could go to my student's funeral
- Talked with another of my girls about her baby (to be born this weekend)
- Admired a colleague's recent aquisition of "Pimpjuice"
So marvel not, friends, that the use and consumption of yarn has become so central to my life. Yarnity yarn yarn yarn. I love you, mindless motion of crochet. My mind is full of my weekend beginning knitter class. It's in a real yarn store! Lots of yarn!! Fancy fancy yarn!
I shall be knitting my own straightjacket.