Sunday, April 11, 2004

I'm a little bit Frog, I'm a little bit Toad

Oh, how I love Frog and Toad. This Spring, I feel a bit Toad-esque. Enjoy this excerpt and feel my yearning for summer.

"'Don't be silly,' said Frog. 'What you see is the clear warm light of April. And it means that we can begin a whole new year together, Toad. Think of it,' said Frog. 'We will skip though the meadows and run through the woods and swim in the river. In the evenings we wil sit right here on this front porch and count the stars.'

'You count them, Frog,' said Toad. 'I will be too tired. I am going back to bed.'"

Lobel, Arnold. "Spring." Frog and Toad Are Friends. 1970. By Arnold Lobel. New York City: Harper and Row, 1970. 8-9.

When summer begins, I will be Froggy with desire to skip through the fields and celebrate a year of friendship but for now we are a week away from Cancer Carnival, two weeks away from prom, and three away from novice debate. To quote Toad, "Come back and wake me about half past May, good night Frog."

Am mulling over a comic strip series called "Speech Teacher". Time will be spent hunched over yellow legal pads wondering why I took all that drama in high school and no visual art. More news to follow.

No comments: