Sunday, March 28, 2004

God Bless America, and God Bless South Oklahoma City

Tonight's bonus entry title is a quote from OKC Ward Five councilman Jerry Foshee. He ends all his public speaking gigs this way. End this with your own punchline, I am too tired and yours might be funnier than mine.

A floor move tonight at the Bath and Body showed me two eccentricities of my native land (South OKC).

1. The Easter Bunny is on the first floor being harassed by teenagers looking down from the second floor. I walk by just in time to see him (her? Anyone have a gender ID on the Bunny?) stand up and wave his/her bunny arms at the teenagers. I captioned his gestures to myself "If you feelin froggy, jump, fool!".

2. Twenty feet down the mall, a pregnant teenager walks by wearing a tube dress.

I stay here for many reasons, not the least of which is that it is easy to feel like Grace Kelly while you work at Crossroads.

No comments: